Research has consistently found mentored individuals to be more satisfied and committed to their professions than non-mentored individuals (Wanberg, Welsh, & Hezlett, 2003). Furthermore, mentored individuals often earn higher performance evaluations, higher salaries, and faster career progress than non-mentored individuals. Mentors can also benefit from a successful mentoring relationship by deriving satisfaction from helping to develop the next generation of leaders, feeling rejuvenated in their own career development, learning how to use new technologies, or becoming aware of issues, methods, or perspectives that are important to their field.
This program is designed to equip both mentors and mentees with the knowledge and skills to maximise the effectiveness and goals of a mentoring relationship.
By the end of this program you will learn:
- Who a mentor is and what a mentor does
- How to find a mentee and who is an ideal candidate
- What the mentoring process involves
- The do’s and don’ts to becoming a better mentee and mentor
- How to handle different mentoring challenges
- What to expect from a mentoring relationship
- üHow to prepare for a mentoring session
You can access our program through the dedicated online portal. access is valid for 1 year.